Why Get Help Early?
Research shows that if psychosis is identified early, many mental health difficulties youth are experiencing can be alleviated, and they can live meaningful and satisfying lives. with early treatment, youth get better faster and stay well longer. Medication may be an important part of treatment because it can be helpful for some symptoms. Participating in school or work, and connecting with friends and family are also important for recovery.
Early intervention involves working with individuals and families to:
• Support an active healthy lifestyle
• Learn to recognize early warning signs
• Learn to manage stress in health ways
• Avoid triggers and prevent relapse
• Build a social support network
• Have fun with friends
• Enjoy meaningful work and school